[Mailman-Developers] Error in setting up mailman-core

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:13:00 CET 2015

Hi Ashish,

On Tuesday 03 March 2015 10:03 PM, Ashish Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
> My name is Ashish Kumar. I want to start my contribution to mailman
> codebase. I tried setting up postorius but black-perl(irc) told me I need
> to start mailman from mailman core then I installed mailman-core and
> followed the documentation given in the docs folder. I followed below
> instructions :

The detailed instructions on how to setup development environment is
mentioned here[1].

How did you install mailman-core? If you are setting up mailman
development environment, you don't need to install it. You can just
run `mailman start` inside the root directory of the source to start
your mailman server.

Can you just un-install it and follow the setup guide for a fresh setup?
(It is possible to debug the exact reason for your problem, but I don't
have time right now to do that! If you want you can wait for someone
else too)

> 1. virtualenv --system-site-packages --python=python3.4 /tmp/mm3
> 2. source /tmp/mm3/bin/activate
> 3. python setup.py develop
> 4. Then  I tried mailman info -v which is giving me error (gist:
> https://gist.github.com/coolyashish/080af27838b7f31b65f1)
>
> Can someone please tell me how to correct it.

[1]: gnu-mailman.readthedocs.org/en/latest/src/mailman/docs/WebUIin5.html

--
thanks,
Abhilash Raj