[Mailman-Developers] new wiki, get-togethers, and 3.0 blockers

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri Jan 2 22:38:51 CET 2015

On Jan 02, 2015, at 12:14 AM, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:

>* I saw on http://wiki.list.org that we're in the process of moving to a new
>wiki, and I saw
>https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2014-October/024001.html
>in which I heard that we're still in the process of finishing up the
>conversion. Is there anything you need to help make this happen? Money for
>SSL certs, wiki gardening time, or anything else I can help with?

I need to ping John again since he owns the domain.  I think we just need to
get the cert and flip the DNS and then we'll be done.  For now,
wiki.mailman.psf.io will get you to the new Moin-based wiki.  We would
certainly appreciate some gardening and maybe even a bit of styling.

>* I'd love to get to hack with some of you in person. Are any of you
>planning on going to the PyCon sprints in Montreal April 13-16?

Yep.

>* I saw in the
>https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2014-November/024056.html
>conversation that I should be looking at
>https://bugs.launchpad.net/postorius/+bugs?field.tag=mailman3-suite-blocker
>for Mailman 3 blockers. It looks like there are 13 blocker bugs left; is that
>still right?

I'll leave the Postorious discussion to Florian.  For the core, I want to
merge the py3 port, update mailman.client to not require `mailman` package
imports, and re-visit the subscription policy branch.  It would be really
awesome if we can do a final release of the full suite at Pycon.

>[0] https://code.launchpad.net/~sumanah/mailman/mailman/+merge/244077

Cool.  I saw this before, but thanks for the reminder.  I'll take a look at
the branch after I land the py3 port.

Cheers,