[Mailman-Developers] GSoC 2015: brainstorming ideas suitable for beginners?

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue Feb 17 20:03:23 CET 2015

On Feb 18, 2015, at 12:24 AM, Abhilash Raj wrote:

>How about domain-wide settings for default list styles or maybe set a
>default list style for an entire mailman installation through Postorius?
>That could make the work of list-admins easy if they manage too many
>lists and don't want to do repetitive change in each and every list.
>Additionally ability to change the settings for only a subset of all
>lists could also be possible.

That would be pretty cool.  Right now the style system is pretty stupid,
mostly a refactoring of the legacy "set all the mailing list object
attributes" approach.  I think we could do better, not only in the way we
define and apply styles, but maybe also in removing the restriction that
styles only take effect at list creation time.

That could be a sufficiently large enough task for GSoC.

Cheers,
-Barry