[Mailman-Developers] Soliciting feedback on idea for rounding out the permissions model.

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue Feb 17 03:26:26 CET 2015

On Feb 17, 2015, at 12:37 PM, Andrew Stuart wrote:

>I figured that an archive, which isn’t really a Mailman resource anyway(?),
>has the same permissions as the list that it gets its emails from.

I think so.  The owner of the mailing list has authoritative control over
which archivers are enabled for their list, and their public/private exposure.
In MM2, when list owners deleted their lists, they could decide whether to
keep or delete the associated archives, but I don't think that will be
possible with MM3 (at least, not via the core).

>Are there any other Mailman resources beyond user, list, domain, server?
>There is member, but that is really more of a relationship between a user and
>a list - not a standalone resource that requires permissions - is that right?

IMO, yes.

Cheers,