[Mailman-Developers] A couple of archiving questions

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Feb 16 05:52:34 CET 2015

On Feb 16, 2015, at 05:01 AM, Pranjal Yadav wrote:

>So it should be possible to choose one (or more) of them in postorius.  In
>/mailman/src/mailman/archiving/docs/common.rst ; It says we have Mail-Archive
>and MHonArc archivers available however there are some issues with the
>non-public lists.

Note that MHonArc is typically a local archiver and I believe there are ways
to make some of its archives private.  Launchpad uses MHonArc internally and
supports private lists with private archives, but it may be through some
custom hacks (I don't remember).

While the system itself must define the available archivers, each individual
list can opt in or out of any that are enabled system-wide.

Cheers,