[Mailman-Developers] Support for X-No-Archive

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 13 04:05:55 CET 2015

On 02/12/2015 06:26 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> So I think we can conclude that (1) individuals who intentionally use
> lists doesn't provide any guidance to Mailman since Mailman provides
> no facility for generating X-No-Archive itself.

Not completely true. Mailman 2.1.x adds X-No-Archive: yes to monthly and
on demand password reminders and list welcome messages (i.e. mailman
generated messages containing user passwords), but I think you probably
mean a list setting or something based on list settings to cause

> Maybe it should?  Ie, for lists with "private" archives, maybe it
> would be a good idea to add "X-No-Archive: yes" to the header to
> advise chained lists not to archive?

Maybe. I would be interested in what others think of this idea.