[Mailman-Developers] Announcing the new wiki.list.org

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Feb 8 13:37:33 CET 2015

On Sunday 8. February 2015 07.28.22 Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 02/07/2015 07:59 PM, Jim Tittsler wrote:
> > I've derived a simple brown theme from "modern" that looks more like
> > list.org, but with a couple of intentional deviations (maximum line
> > widths, and no underlining of links unless you hover).
>
> Thank you Jim. I think it's good. I've installed it on wiki.list.org, so
> anyone can select it (the 'mailman' theme) in their preferences. If
> others like it, we can make it the default theme.

It's very nice. Thanks, Jim, for putting this together! I particularly like it
that you've put links to various useful pages in the sidebar.

If I were to suggest anything to change - not that my opinion is that
important in the context of Mailman development, however - I might suggest not
limiting the width of the header and page content, but instead just letting it
fill the window. (I have a bit of a personal preference about this kind of
thing, though.) For consistency with www.list.org, I guess that the fonts
could be adjusted, too, although they actually seem nicer with this style, so
maybe you could persuade someone to adjust the other site instead. :-)

Generally, Moin doesn't throw up too many surprises when styling - various
special system pages usually keep working, albeit with a traditional look
within any wildly restyled site - but it's always worth checking pages like
RecentChanges and FindPage to see if you want to propagate things like colour
changes to every corner of the site.

I'll take a look at the theme and see if there's anything else I can suggest,
but it's certainly nicely done.

Paul