[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3 Error & some questions

Krinetzki, Stephan Krinetzki at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Aug 3 07:56:03 CEST 2015

>On Aug 01, 2015, at 00:36 AM, Berry  wrote:

>>On Jul 30, 2015, at 05:54 AM, Krinetzki, Stephan wrote:

>>2. In mailman 2, I've created a list and added a new owner. Then the
>>owner get an email, with his password and a link to the admin page of the
list.
>>How does this work in mailman3? If I create an list in mailman3 and set
>>the owner, then the email address is the owner, but he isn't noticed.
>>So what steps are needed to get an password for the new owner and admin of
the list?

>I don't know what you mean by "he isn't noticed".

>In MM3, there is no such thing as a list admin or moderator password.  If
you are subscribed to a mailing list with the owner or moderator role, then
you should have permission to do things as them for that particular list.
So you just log into Postorius and go from there.

Ah okay. So the user needs an MM3 account to get a password, right? There is
no option to create an user, when a new list is created and the user (the
mail address) is not known bei MM3? The current workflow on mailman2: Create
list, set owner address. Owner gets an email with the information that he
has a new list and that he is the owner of that list with a specific
password. I'm missing this feature in MM3. A notice: Hey, you have a new
list and you are the owner.

>>3. Is it possible to get Shibboleth ( <https://www.shibboleth.net>
>>https://www.shibboleth.net) working with mailman3?

>If there is a Django plugin for Shibboleth, it may be easy.  The Postorius
experts can probably provide more information.

Okay. I will have a look (i know a little bit Django)

>>4. The link in the welcome mail to the info page of the list is wrong.

>Yes.  Because of the new MM3 architecture, it's not possible in a generic
way for the core to send welcome emails with the proper domain urls filled
in by default.  We know how we are going to do this, but it will have to
wait for MM 3.1.
So the only solution at the moment is to edit/change the default template?

>Cheers,
>-Barry
Thanks so far

Stephan