[Mailman-Developers] web-interface for site owner for mm 2.1.x

Danil Smirnov danil at smirnov.la
Tue Apr 28 18:33:50 CEST 2015

> If you set
>
> OWNERS_CAN_DELETE_THEIR_OWN_LISTS = Yes
>
> in mm_cfg.py, every page in Mailman's admin GUI will have a "Delete this
> mailing list (requires confirmation)" link under "Other Administrative
> Activities". Without this setting, the link is not there and attempts to
> remove a list via the http(s)://example.com/mailman/rmlist/LISTNAME CGI
> will fail.

Hi everybody!

How do you think, should site owner have an ability to remove lists
from web interface also?

We have separate password for list creation which can be set different
from site owner password. We have special email alias
"mailman-owner at domain.tld" which belongs to whole installation admin.
So we already have credentials for site owner to let him/her log in.

Probably we also need full administration web interface for all
mm_cfg.py amendments to avoid using console for the administration of
Mailman installation at all.

I wonder if nobody interested in this?

Danil