[Mailman-Developers] Regarding Csv Export for list owner in postorius

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Apr 22 17:11:05 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:36:57AM -0400, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:
> Here's a use case I ran into in December: I was editing a private
> document in Google Drive and wanted to share it with about 40 people,
> all of whom were on the same email thread as me. I ended up spending
> many tedious minutes copying and pasting email addresses into the
> "Share" dialog box in Google Drive.

My workflow for that is open the mail, copy all the recipients, paste
in to the (advance) share dialog. But that is an annoyance.
Particularly if I need to revoke 187 other users first…

> If I were a list owner for a
> community that used Google Drive, I bet this sort of need would crop up
> several times per year, and I'd wish there were an easy way for me to
> import that membership roster into a Google Drive permissions list.

I'd suggest (at a later stage / as an extra plugin) something that
uses the G-docs permissions:insert api function might be useful:

https://developers.google.com/drive/v2/reference/permissions/insert

something that delivers to the user something to copy/paste and run
in their browser ("give list-members access to this Google Drive
Folder/Document").

--
The University of California Department of Statistics...
where mean is normal, and deviation standard