[Mailman-Developers] wrong path to python 3.4 while installing mailman 3

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Apr 18 00:06:24 CEST 2015

On 04/17/2015 12:48 PM, Danil Smirnov wrote:

> Mark, I don't understand you:
> # bzr pull
> Using saved parent location:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~abompard/mailman-bundler/mailman-bundler/
> No revisions or tags to pull.

OK, it seems your branch is up to date. I was only concerned because we
were sprinting on Mailman 3 at PyCon Monday through Thursday and there
have been many changes to mailman-bundler and the packages it pulls in.
postorius, mailman.client and mailman3 have all had multiple commits in
this time.

>> The README.rst in the branch is the latest and differs in some details from the one you referenced.
>
> I've checked it and don't see any differences before buildout command.

I was mistaken. That document is up to date with the branch.

>> Something is wrong because it should have installed Python 3.4 in venv-3.4.
>
> Definitely!
>
> That's why I'm writing.
>
> I think it's important for the developers to test what you're going to
> release on my new Centos 7 box,
> isn't it?

Absolutely, and we appreciate your doing so.

> I can fill bug report if it is more appropriate.

Yes, that would be appropriate. File the bug at
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman-bundler/+filebug> and include the
full OS version, what Python software you installed prior to running
buildout, what steps you followed to install that software and what
steps you took before running buildout.