[Mailman-Developers] Update from Day 1 of the PyCon sprints

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at panix.com
Mon Apr 13 21:38:56 CEST 2015

Hi all! Eight of us have started on our first day of the PyCon sprints
and have started our push towards the Mailman suite 3.0 release, which
will also include Postorius 1.0 and HyperKitty 1.0 releases.
http://wiki.list.org/DEV/PyCon%202015%20Sprint lists what we are trying
to finish up this week; we've moved some nice-to-have stuff to the "3.1"
section in http://wiki.list.org/DEV/Mailman%203.0 (probably the 3.1
version of the Mailman Suite will include HyperKitty 1.1 and Postorius
1.1; mailman-bundler will help enforce this sort of component version
alignment).

Our goal for the 3.0 release is: We're blessing this as working, we
encourage people to install it fresh, and we think new installations
will work well. You might be able to upgrade existing lists, but if
you're upgrading from 2.x, test and make backups first. We do not
promise feature parity with 2.x.

Also, probably not this week, but soon, we're going to move the
HyperKitty bug tracker and wiki content from fedorahosted to a new
Launchpad project and to wiki.list.org, to reduce the number of
different places we do bugtracking and documentation. I'll be leading
that, probably in May.
--
Sumana Harihareswara
http://brainwane.net