[Mailman-Developers] Deb packages for Mailman 3 suite, beta 1 preview

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue Sep 16 17:29:35 CEST 2014

On Sep 16, 2014, at 03:20 PM, Paul Wise wrote:

>From our discussions at DebConf14 it sounds like Barry Warsaw is
>working on this but I don't think it will be ready in time. I also
>think it is far too early to package mailman3 in a stable distro
>release at this time.

I wouldn't say "working on this" but maybe "want to work on this".  ;)

However I agree that it's too early to put MM3 in any stable distribution
channel.  I think the core would be relatively easy to package up, though I'm
much less experienced in correctly packaging Django apps (Postorius and
Hyperkitty).  There was a web-app session at Debconf14 so I think it might
even be better to wait and see what the outcome of that is.

For Debian, it could go to experimental which would be a clear sign that it's
available to play with, but not deemed stable.  For Ubuntu, it would probably
be best to stick it in a PPA.

My RPM experience is way too rusty to admit having it.

Cheers,