[Mailman-Developers] Changing the default_moderation_action has no effect on existing members

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Wed Nov 26 17:19:58 CET 2014

On Nov 25, 2014, at 08:59 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>MM 2.1 does have an additional capability in the web UI, namely the
>ability to set all members mod bits on or off with an off/on radio
>selection and a single click. Thus, an admin can change
>default_member_moderation to No or Yes and with a couple more clicks set
>all current members to match.

Right, though like all the mass change actions in the web ui, this just
iterates through all the members, flipping their mod bits.   I could certainly
envision an equivalent REST API that let you set certain attributes on all
members of a mailing list (perhaps matching some criteria, a la /members/find

Cheers,