[Mailman-Developers] Changing the default_moderation_action has no effect on existing members

Andrew Partan post-mailman-developers at partan.com
Wed Nov 26 07:20:19 CET 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 04:05:13PM -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> MM3 collapses that so that rather than having a flag with a fallback action,
> each member just has an action.  This allows you more flexibility in
> controlling an individual member's posting privileges, at the cost of having
> to change all members individually if a list's default changes.  Can you
> elaborate on the use case for having a fallback action?

Say you have a list where a large argument breaks out.  I want to
change the list to moderated for a while until everyone calms down.
Then change it back to unmoderated.  There are some people who are
always moderated and others who are always unmoderated; their
settings should not change when the list's setting changes.

Andrew Partan