[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2014] Mailman CLI Project

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Wed May 28 21:53:57 CEST 2014

On May 14, 2014, at 12:19 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>Barry Warsaw writes:
> > I just want it to be consistent, easily described, and easily understood by
> > users.  If it makes sense for the mmclient CLI to different from the
> > shell-access mailman command, then we at least need to be "translatable"
> > between the two.
>
>What do you mean by "shell-access mailman command"?
>src/mailman/bin/mailman.py?

Yes, as much as makes sense.  When installed into a virtual environment,
you'll have `<venv>/bin/mailman` with lots of subcommands, many of which are
similar to mmclient.  It may not be possible to give them identical
signatures, and that's fine, but it would be great if when someone learns the
commands for one, the other will not break their intuition, especially for
things that are "close".

Cheers,
-Barry