[Mailman-Developers] Using git for mailman development during GSoC is NOT RECOMMENDED

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Sat Mar 15 20:30:23 CET 2014

On Mar 15, 2014, at 11:29 AM, Terri Oda wrote:

>Sorry!  I know our official stance for regular contributors is "use whatever
>as long as you can submit a launchpad merge request" but for GSoC students,
>you're on a short timeline that's going to be busier at the end than the
>beginning and experience says it's much safer to learn launchpad and use it
>from the get-go than risk time-consuming problems later in the process.

Thanks for sending this note Terri.

To contributors and students: learning bazaar, if you already know git,
shouldn't be that hard.  There are differences of course, in both commands and
model, but I think for most simple branches, it's easy to learn the few
commands you'll need.

Please also refer to these resources:

http://bazaar.canonical.com/en/
https://help.launchpad.net/Code
https://help.launchpad.net/Code/Review

And of course you can ping us on #mailman on freenode.

Cheers,