[Mailman-Developers] Moderation rules priority

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue Mar 11 23:14:29 CET 2014

On Mar 11, 2014, at 06:25 PM, Aurelien Bompard wrote:

>What do you think about all that? Do you agree there's actually an
>issue there? Any idea how to solve it? For example, make the NonMember
>rule exit if a member is found amongst the senders (which would simply
>be equivalent to making it yield to the Member rule). Bad idea?

Ah, an interesting case!  My immediate reaction is that nonmember-moderation
should do exactly what you suggest: test for both membership and
nonmembership.  If it's both, then return False as if the action were
Action.defer.  This should allow the member-moderation rule to take
precedence.

Can you think of a reason *not* to do this?