[Mailman-Developers] GnuPG support

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sun Jun 15 16:18:56 CEST 2014

>Yes, except we don't want to use the mailing list maintainer keys, or
>make him manually decrypt/encrypt every message.
>This should be done automatically by Mailman, and we want to use the
>mailing list keypair.

Sympa does something like this with S/MIME.  Incoming list messages
are encrypted to the list's key, the list decrypts it and reencrypts
it to the subscribers keys and sends it back out.  S/MIME allows one
message to be encrypted to multiple recipients' keys and I don't know
whether it makes up one message with everyone's key, or separately
encrypts each copy.

It is my impression that this feature is in regular use in Europe.
Have you checked to see what people's experience with it is?

R's,
John