[Mailman-Developers] GSoC 2014 ideas list

Nicolas Karageuzian nicolas at karageuzian.com
Sat Jan 11 10:54:57 CET 2014

Hi,

I've the goal to make hyperkitty modular and then allows to install
plugins for various uses, just like in other main forum platforms.

This will allow to focus hyperkitty on archiving, and offer a simple
entry point for extending it with out-of-archiving scope (the vote,
category and tag features are candidates to be plugins, but many other
useful plugins could appear, connecting archive to a variety of tools
for an integrated community experience).

The branch is quite advanced (@nka11, plugin-api) but still experimental
and the very strict minimum is done (no docs, no unit tests).

GSoC 2014 may be an opportunity to really kick it off :
- achieve plugin API specification and documentation
- release hyperkitty-extendable and its basic plugin set

Regards