[Mailman-Developers] Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2014 FAQs

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Feb 15 16:58:22 CET 2014

Zeel Shah writes:

 > I want to request any mentor out there please throw some light about these
 > two projects.

We're still in the application process.  You're probably not going to
get a lot of love from mentors until after the 24th, when Google
announces the accepted orgs, or perhaps later if we need to negotiate
with an umbrella org such as the Python Software Foundation.  So
please be patient.

Personally I can't give you a lot of encouragement.  I'm interested in
the core, and especially in authn/authz/signature/encryption issues,
not so much Postorius.  And I don't know anything about Android (or
iOS for that matter) development.  So I'm not a likely candidate to
mentor those projects.

 > During installing mailman in my laptop as described in following link (
 > http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/A+5+minute+guide+to+get+the+Mailman+web+UI+running)
 > in the following step:
 >
 >   (postorius)$ cd mailman
 >   (postorius)$ python setup.py install
 >  (postorius)$ bin/buildout
 > (postorius)$ bin/test
 >
 > I am not able to go ahead from the third step. Which is as follows:
 > $ bin/buildout
 > bash: bin/buildout: No such file or directory

Didn't your university teach not to trust anything you read on the
'net? ;-)

Mailman 3 (core) has transitioned away from buildout, and now uses
setup.py only.  Look for instructions in src/mailman/docs/START.rst.

Good luck!