[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Suite beta: what's left?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Oct 30 16:53:51 CET 2013

Aurélien Bompard writes:

 > > I don't recall, but I think finishing HyperKitty was one of them.
 > > AFAIK it doesn't work as advertised now (at least that's what
 > > Shanu told me in her work on a unified "Messaging Interface" for
 > > Systers).
 >
 > Oh, I'm interested by any bug reports. Please.

I don't recall precisely what the issues with running HyperKitty were
(she tried installing from source once in March, and again in June).
What killed the deal for her was an inability to get existing archives
imported due to inadequate documentation.  I eventually figured out
how to get that done, but by then I just advised her to use the
trivial archiver from the core.

It looks like the documentation has improved (but I haven't actually
tried following it yet).  And for all of HyperKitty, there were over
1000 lines of changes since March, and and it looks like over 500
since June.  I guess I'll have to try it again before trying to report
bugs.

 > For the record I'm currently setting up HyperKitty & Postorius in the
 > same Django instance, it seems to work fine (didn't test single sign-on
 > yet but I will).

It would be nice if you at least reported releases here occasionally.
According to news.rst there have been two releases since PyCon (1.4
and 1.5), and there is a 1.6 tag in git.

 > I've also created a branch and a pull request in Launchpad with
 > lots of modifications to the import script.

Branch and pull request for what import script?