[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Suite beta: what's left?

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Sat Nov 9 19:14:55 CET 2013

On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 04:09:27PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Barry Warsaw writes:
>
>  > >Mailman2 router (I've already submitted the docs for that -- they're
>  > >very generic -- don't know if Barry's merged them yet), and start
>  > >adding Mailman3 lists.
>  >
>  > This branch?
>  >
>  > https://code.launchpad.net/~stephen-xemacs/mailman/exim4/+merge/187302j
>
> Yes, but don't worry about it.  It's straightforward and I'm happy to
> support Exim users who want to try Mailman 3 (don't post all at once,
> now...).

That'll be me :o) (I can't get my head around Postfix, and it seems to
be more trouble than Exim (or Postfix users don't RTFM as much as Exim
ones)).

https://code.launchpad.net/~stephen-xemacs/mailman/exim4/+merge/187302j
404s for me; is
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~stephen-xemacs/mailman/exim4/revision/7219
the same?

The only thing I would say (and were this on Github, I'd have just
added a comment) is

for --

     252    # /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/455_mm3_router
     253    mailman3_router:
     254      driver = accept
     255      domains = +mm_domains
     256      require_files = MM3_LISTCHK
     257      local_part_suffix_optional
     258      local_part_suffix = -admin : \
     259         -bounces   : -bounces+* : \
     260         -confirm   : -confirm+* : \
     261         -join      : -leave     : \
     262         -owner     : -request   : \
     263         -subscribe : -unsubscribe
     264      transport = mailman3_transport

it might be worth adding a reminder that order of routers matters in Exim (or
perhaps add that to the note:

     227 Debian-specific script.  If your Exim v4 installation is structured
     228 differently, ignore the comments indicating location in the Debian
     229 installation.

I've been holding off deploying MM3 until it has a usable web-interface, but as
it looks as though that might be there, and now you've added the Exim stanzas,
I suppose I really should give it a whirl…

--
"all the succession and repetition of massed humanity ... Those vile
 bodies"