[Mailman-Developers] Wiki Migration Update

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Jun 15 21:09:58 CEST 2013

Hello,

It's been a couple of months or so since my last update, and I finally got
round to doing some more work on the content migration from Confluence to
MoinMoin.

As always, the results can be found here:

http://mmwiki.boddie.org.uk/

At the moment, I'm still using the archived content from April 2013, and I
took the opportunity this time round to fix various parsing and translation
issues, particularly with the Confluence wiki markup (not the XHTML variant
that the most recent revisions of pages use), also reworking some fairly
fundamental mechanisms involved in parsing the wiki markup.

Some previously mentioned fixes have been made:

http://mmwiki.boddie.org.uk/COM/Organizations_that_use_Mailman
(Anchors are now generated for the headings.)

Some support for macros now exists, such as for the "anchor", "color"
and "toc" macros.

Meanwhile, some things wait for more time and energy to be spent on them:

Author information is still not preserved in the page import process, but this
will be tested in future.

The way comments are presented on pages still needs improving.

It might also be nice to have a list of attachments on pages that have them,
and I will take a look to see how Confluence tends to present such things.

And some things won't get fixed until the hosting is changed, such as for
pages ending in a question mark.

As I have mentioned previously, the source code for the converter can be found
here:

http://hgweb.boddie.org.uk/ConfluenceConverter/

Please take a look at your favourite pages and let me know where improvements
can be made to the conversion process.

Paul