[Mailman-Developers] Wiki Migration Update

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jul 27 02:23:41 CEST 2013

On 07/26/2013 03:38 PM, Paul Boddie wrote:
> On Friday 26. July 2013 21.59.14 Barry Warsaw wrote:
>
>> What features are missing from Moin that would prevent us from migrating,
>> or make it more painful than staying with Confluence for now?
>
> I think only the actual wiki editors can answer this. I imagine that the
> dashboard features would be nice to have.

I'm only one data point, but pretty much the only thing I use the
dashboard for is seeing the recently updated pages, both to see what's
going on and check for spam. I'm perfectly happy with Moin's
RecentChanges page for this.

[...]
> I've now made some support for comments, including adding new ones. It might
> be wise to add textcha integration for this, though, but I already support
> ACLs and thus don't allow the posting of comments on pages where a user cannot
> write to that page, even though the comments are actually subpages.

Cool on the comments support.

On the ACLs, are you assuming acl_hierarchic is True or are you just
duplicating the parent page's ACL?