[Mailman-Developers] Wiki Migration Update

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Jul 27 00:38:22 CEST 2013

On Friday 26. July 2013 21.59.14 Barry Warsaw wrote:

[Stuff already discussed]

> What features are missing from Moin that would prevent us from migrating,
> or make it more painful than staying with Confluence for now?

I think only the actual wiki editors can answer this. I imagine that the
dashboard features would be nice to have.

[...]

> I'm happy with just asking everyone to reset their password.  We can't do
> it on the demo site because email is disabled currently.

I think e-mail is enabled on the python.org system, so they should be able to
reset their passwords.

[...]

> >I always provide a list of things that still need doing, so here are some
> >familiar items:
> >
> >The way comments are presented on pages still needs improving. I may write
> >a macro to include the comment pages in a nicer way and maybe even to
> >allow new comments to be added. Meanwhile, the comment pages should now
> >only be editable by their original authors (by applying ACLs).

I've now made some support for comments, including adding new ones. It might
be wise to add textcha integration for this, though, but I already support
ACLs and thus don't allow the posting of comments on pages where a user cannot
write to that page, even though the comments are actually subpages.

> >It might also be nice to have a list of attachments on pages that have
> >them, and I will take a look to see how Confluence tends to present such
> >things.
> >
> >User home pages should probably be populated and have things like profile
> >images (if provided), activity indicators, and maybe the dashboard
> >functionality should be emulated, too.
>
> Would this work be better tackled before an official migration or can some
> of these things be done after the fact?

I don't think making user pages would be too difficult, but populating them
with fancy features would probably end up happening later.

Paul