[Mailman-Developers] (no subject)

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Wed Jan 2 21:27:51 CET 2013

On Dec 29, 2012, at 06:01 PM, Sandesh Agrawal wrote:

>I have trying to inject many messages into lmtp queue using  :
>
>./bin/mailman inject abc at xyz.com -f message_file -q lmtp
>
>But whenever i see the number of messages using:

>it always display 1 , and on executing :

>only the latest message is being displayed, where are other older
>messages going ?

A few things could be happening, but first, this isn't really the right way to
get messages into the system.  The lmtp runner isn't a queue runner, meaning
it does not wake up periodically to scan files in var/queue/lmtp.  This runner
is really just a daemon process.  The fact that it creates such a directory is
a bug, which I've now filed (LP: 1095422).

If you really want to inject messages into the system by way of the LMTP
runner, use Python's smtplib module and connect to the running daemon (started
by `bin/mailman start`) with an smtplib.LMTP() instance.

Even so, I injected two copies of the following test message, and I ended up
with two .pck files in var/queue/lmtp as expected.  Then the
get_queue_messages('lmtp') dequeued them both and returned a length-2 list of
items.

Don't forget you can always just `ls -lR var/queue` to see what's actually
there.

Cheers,