[Mailman-Developers] About authentication (was Re: Architecture for extra profile info)

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Apr 30 17:52:54 CEST 2013

 > On Apr 30, 2013, at 5:47 AM, Patrick Ben Koetter <p at sys4.de> wrote:

 > > I believe you have been asked very politely not to continue this
 > > thread yesterday and give way for more pressing topics such as
 > > GSoC. Can you please do so?

This is in rather bad taste.  Richard and I have been actively
involved in mentoring the GSoC students, and we care about them.
Please respect that, at least to the extent of reading the messages we
write about the project.

Richard Wackerbarth writes:

 > I consider that [a priori ruling out submitted proposals] is
 > totally inappropriate.

I won't go so far as to say "totally" inappropriate.  We do have to
get some work done, and if the consensus is that strict adherence to
the letter of Terri's post is the best way to move along ... I'll deal
with it.  I hope we can find a compromise, though.

Steve