[Mailman-Developers] About authentication (was Re: Architecture for extra profile info)

Richard Wackerbarth rkw at dataplex.net
Tue Apr 30 13:14:25 CEST 2013

Patrick,

This IS about GSoC. If we accept Terri's position, as stated and without question, then we are, de facto, eliminating some of the proposals based only on subject matter. The students making these proposals are doing so in good faith, and often based on "ideas" provided by our organization.

I consider that doing so is totally inappropriate. As I state, we need to maintain a structure whereby each of the proposed projects can proceed without being blocked by another project, but done in such a manner that they can be integrated into the whole as they develop into functioning code.

Richard