[Mailman-Developers] Interested in - Better User Settings Management

Sneha Priscilla 24.sneha at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 18:08:38 CEST 2013

Hey everyone!

I had introduced myself earlier on this list but I guess I can do it again.
:)

I'm Sneha Priscilla, a final year undergraduate CS student from
Bangalore, India. I was a previous Summer of Code student for Systers
last year and I have in the process,  worked with a lot of Mailman
too.

I am especially interested in Postorius and would like to implement
one of the following ideas this summer:
1.Better User Settings Management
2.Design interface "themes" for specific types of list
3.Enhance list style capabilities

The one I am most interested in is 'Better User Settings Management'.
I'd like to know if it's a feasible idea for this summer and how
important is it on the list of project ideas for Mailman this year?
Also, since this is something which could also serve as an important
Systers project, is it viable to be joint mentored by Systers and
Mailman?

I have worked with both Mailman versions 2.1 and 3, so I feel I have a
nice idea about working on user settings and I hopefully, will be able
to do justice to this project if given a chance.

You can see one of my bug fixes related to Postorius here
:https://code.launchpad.net/~stylistica/postorius/inline_helptext

IRC and Launchpad id: stylistica

Thanks in advance!

Regards,