[Mailman-Developers] Like to participate in GSOC 2013 (GNU Mailman) - Like some ideas proposed in the list (Django, Python)

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Apr 8 18:59:55 CEST 2013

Surya Kasturi writes:

 > Since no one had so far configured mailman on windows, I guess, I
 > can try it (not now but.. later on). Why not we build an executable
 > for windows (.exe) for users to install? This could take sometime
 > to port and solve conflicts.. but at the end, it would be superb.

Realistically?  On the build side, we have few to no Windows experts.
I also have my doubts about "superb" in principle: Microsoft honors
the POSIX functions and RFC protocols that Mailman depends on more in
the breach than the observance.  This could be very painful....

On the user side, are there really people out there knocking down
doors to install Mailman on Windows?