[Mailman-Developers] Google Summer of Code'13 introduction

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Mon Apr 8 04:35:25 CEST 2013

On 13-04-07 1:46 AM, Avik Pal wrote:
> I have been going through the links given in the mailman developers' page
> and documentations here and there, maybe you can help me with some useful
> resources so that right away I can start contributing by fixing small bugs
> and in this way sharpen my skills before GSOC actually starts.
Since you're looking at something in Mailman core, I recommend you take
a look at the "easy" bugs there:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bugs?field.tag=easy

You might also find it helpful to read the .rst docs for Mailman, which
can be found in html format here:

http://pythonhosted.org/mailman/

You might also want to do a bit of searching through the wiki/list
archives to see some of the thoughts people have had on what anti-spam
in Mailman should look like.  You don't have to take any of it as The
One True Way, or even pay attention to it all in the end, but if you
could set up a wiki page summarizing the ideas and arguments, it'd get
you up to speed and provide a resource for later.

Other than that... we've pretty much tried to put everything we could
think of into the wiki docs, so if you've read those, you've got a good
idea of where to start!

  Terri