[Mailman-Developers] Google Summer of Code'13 introduction

Avik Pal avikpal.me at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 09:46:49 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm Avik, 3rd yr (junior) bachelor CS student from Bengal Engineering &
Science University,Shibpur.

I went through the GSOC '13 ideas list and found the project
*Anti-spam/anti-abuse
in mailman* very interesting. I also would like to say that I also fulfill
all the necessary prerequisites given in the project ideas page.

A little about myself
I have about 4 years of programming experience, I am the coordinator of the
Software Club in my University and help first and second year students with
Algorithms, I sometimes also take coding sessions here. My team qualified
for the ACM-ICPC 2012 Regionals(only team selected from my university in
that region). I  also have over two years experience in machine learning,
NLP (just developed a very basic rudimentary twitter classifier) and have
about 5 years experience in statistics.

I'm hoping to participate in GSoC since while I'm an avid open-source
enthusiast, I haven't had any chance in contributing to something this big
before and it's about time to fix that.You can find some of my toy projects
at https://github.com/avikpal

I have been going through the links given in the mailman developers' page
and documentations here and there, maybe you can help me with some useful
resources so that right away I can start contributing by fixing small bugs
and in this way sharpen my skills before GSOC actually starts.

I will be accessible by email and through IRC (nick avikp at freenode), but
since my time zone is UTC+5:30, I might not be there at all times just drop
me a mail and I will get in touch as soon as possible.
Avik Pal
Bengal Engineering & Scieence University,Shibpur
github:https://github.com/avikpal
IRC:- irc://freenode/avikp,isnick
twitter:-https://twitter.com/avikpalme