[Mailman-Developers] Getting to Mailman 3.0 final

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Sep 17 16:50:24 CEST 2012

On Sep 16, 2012, at 01:41 PM, Adam McGreggor wrote:

>Part of the attraction in using Mailman 2, was that, for the majority
>of tasks end-users want to do, they can do it via the web interface;
>certainly an advantage over those "you have to do everything by email,
>in the proscribed manner, to the right address" 'alternatives' (I say
>'alternatives' as I don't think they're fit for non-geeks (and even
>some struggle with those).
>
>I would not roll-out Mailman 3 if there were not an end-users' web
>interface, at the very least for subscription management/alterations.

Maybe now that the core is pretty close to what it will be like when released,
we can get more volunteers to help test Postorius, and perhaps contribute to
it?  It would be cool if we could do a simultaneous release, but OTOH, the
architecture of MM3 expressly encourages separation of the web ui from the
engine.

I do think that if we release them separately, we'll have to be very clear
about setting expectations.

-Barry