[Mailman-Developers] Error: Couldn't install: storm 0.19

David dave at fiteyes.com
Thu May 3 04:41:07 CEST 2012

Anyone have any ideas on this error? It seems I'm missing Python.h.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04.

Here's the output of my commands (after running a second time);

root at localhost:/opt/mailman-3.0.0b1# python bootstrap.py
Downloading
http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.7/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg
root at localhost:/opt/mailman-3.0.0b1# bin/buildout
Develop: '/opt/mailman-3.0.0b1/.'
warning: no files found matching '*.rc'
warning: no files found matching '*' under directory '.buildout'
warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'contrib'
warning: no previously-included files matching '*.egg-info' found anywhere
in distribution
no previously-included directories found matching 'src/attic'
no previously-included directories found matching 'src/web'
no previously-included directories found matching 'parts'
Installing interpreter.
Getting distribution for 'storm'.
storm/cextensions.c:23:20: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit
status 1
An error occurred when trying to install storm 0.19. Look above this
message for any errors that were output by easy_install.
While:
  Installing interpreter.
  Getting distribution for 'storm'.
Error: Couldn't install: storm 0.19

root at localhost:/opt/mailman-3.0.0b1# which gcc
/usr/bin/gcc

root at localhost:/opt/mailman-3.0.0b1# which python
/usr/bin/python
root at localhost:/opt/mailman-3.0.0b1# /usr/bin/python --version
Python 2.7.3