[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3.0 fresh install - problems frompython interpreter

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jun 5 07:58:20 CEST 2012

Jessy Kate Schingler wrote:

>then i go to follow the example on how to create new mailing lists:
>http://packages.python.org/mailman/src/mailman/commands/docs/create.html
>
>but attempting to import mailman packages fails, so it seems the python
>packages aren't installed? so i run `python setup.py install` in main
>mailman directory. after that, the imports work, but i get an error at the
>point of trying to call `command.process(FakeArgs)` as described on the
>create page. the error is as follows:

All the code in the docs was run as part of the doctest suite when you
ran the tests, so it presumably works in your install. I suspect the
issue is you just don't have paths and things set right.

If you actually want to run Python code, you should run it via
Mailman's "bin/mailman shell" (or "bin/mailman withlist" which is the
same thing).

However, for creating lists and other common tasks, there are
subcommands of the bin/mailman command. Run "bin/mailman help" for
more info.