[Mailman-Developers] Login / User Identification Issues in MM3

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu Jul 12 04:14:00 CEST 2012

On Jul 11, 2012, at 02:12 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>But isn't that going to take us a long way down the road where we
>anoint Postorius the one-and-only admin interface?  If that really
>needs to be, OK, but I don't much like it.

I don't either; it's unacceptable.

Many, maybe most, sites will be fine just using the default Postorius, but
plenty of sites will not.  They will want to make mailing list administration,
or user subscriptions, fit in with their own site design.  Think of the
code-hosting example where you join teams and that automatically puts you on
that team's mailing list.  Maybe through the code-hosting's regular web-ui you
can manage your subscriptions, but maybe they make all the other decisions for
you, in order to keep the web-ui really really simple.  They don't want
Postorius, they just want the core.  We must keep that as a possibility.

Cheers,