[Mailman-Developers] Login / User Identification Issues in MM3

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu Jul 12 04:09:54 CEST 2012

On Jul 10, 2012, at 10:51 PM, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:

>Yes, it is a bug in Postorius. However, that does not negate the fact that
>the present design, by forcing a split database, makes it difficult to
>accomplish the desired behavior.

Why exactly is it difficult?  I'm not trolling, I really want to know.  Is it
because there's too much to keep in sync?  Or is it because the REST API calls
to read or write the necessary information is missing?  Or is it just a pain
to chase down everywhere in Postorius that things can change and need to be
pushed to Mailman?

The core has machinery to push or pull information, or for information to be
pushed to or pulled from it.  Let's use those and expand them where
necessary.  Or please help me understand why those can't possibly work, or at
least why they are not working right now.

Since this thread started with logins, walk me through what Postorius has to
do to log a user in when the password is in the core.  Where are you stuck?