[Mailman-Developers] mailman3 instance for preview + exploration

Florian Fuchs f at state-of-mind.de
Thu Jul 5 18:14:20 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 05.07.12 17:40, schrieb Terri Oda:
> How hard is it for us to make a nicer, more helpful error page for this?

Shouldn't be too hard. I just filed a bug report for this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/postorius/+bug/1021364

In a non-debug mode environment a 500 error page would be returned -
which is only slightly nicer than what we are seeing now...

>  I'm guessing it's going to be a common problem when more people start
> running the two together.
>
> (I know, I know, I should know the answer and be able to write the
> solution myself, but my django-fu isn't quite up to speed yet, so I'm
> asking first.)

This should be changed inside the Manager classes in models.py. If the
error is catched and MailmanApiError is raised instead, the views will
render an error page with a "REST API not found" message.

Cheers
Florian