[Mailman-Developers] URGENT: Google Summer of Code status report and code due

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Jul 5 14:46:34 CEST 2012

Ian Eiloart writes:

 > OK. Where do these two email addresses sit?

Addresses aren't relevant.  I proposed using List-Ids, which have to
be unique (RFC 2919).  If an administrator specifies List-Ids that
collide, that's not our problem.  (The author of RFC 2919 was aware of
similar problems, though not this particular one AFAICS.)

Such an administrator will be able to work around it using whatever
aliasing mechanism we develop for lists that are gatewayed to and from
Usenet.