[Mailman-Developers] Fw: About Tokio Kikuchi

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Jan 16 16:13:37 CET 2012

I'm sorry to forward some very sad news about one of our own from the Mailman
community.  If you've ever looked at the ACKNOWLEDGMENTS file you will see
this entry in the core contributors section:

    Tokio Kikuchi, Mailman's weatherman

Tokio Kikuchi was instrumental in our early internationalization efforts.  I
remember testing out one of his early patches which enabled Japanese support
in Mailman.  At a Python conference years ago, I started the branch and was
delighted to see the familiar Mailman admin pages come up in Japanese.  Of
course, I could not read it, but I happened to be sitting next to a native
speaker who confirmed that it was indeed correct Japanese.  That made me very
happy, and I'm proud of his ongoing contributions to Mailman in general and
internationalization in particular.  He will be missed.

If you would like to leave a note of your own, please see this page:

    http://wiki.list.org/display/COM/TokioKikuchi

The following is forwarded with permission.

-Barry

Begin forwarded message: