[Mailman-Developers] Mailman gone social ?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Jan 11 06:41:45 CET 2012

Barry Warsaw writes:
 > On Jan 07, 2012, at 03:25 PM, Marc Manthey (macbroadcast ) wrote:
 >
 > >Most of us are subscribted to several mailinglists, forums , irc andusing
 > >socialmedia sites like facebook and/ or twitter.
 >
 > I've long thought that there are enough overlaps with mailing
 > lists, archives, and forums and I think that there are some
 > interesting things we could do here.

I disagree, philosophically.  Automatically reposting to different
primary publication channels smells of spam to me.

The interesting things to be done are in content aggregation (ie,
"smart pull" media), but Mailman is a "push" medium.

This is pure opinion; I don't at all expect everybody to agree, but I
wanted to express the point of view.