[Mailman-Developers] Probe messages should not sent Precedenceheader

Aamir Khan syst3m.w0rm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 18:46:37 CET 2012

Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> Which means that bin/disabled.py won't work because it hasn't been
> fully converted from 2.1 yet. It should be using the send_probe()
> function instead of sendNextNotification().

Yes. I also think so. I have changed the function to send_probe() and ran
through all the test again to make sure that nothing breaks.

> There should be two places. bin/disabled.py should be calling
> send_probe() instead of the non-existent sendNextNotification() list
> method.
>
> Also, send_probe() should be called when delivery is initially disabled
> as a result of a call to IBounceProcessor(), but I am unable to follow
> how this works or even if it is implemented yet at least in part
> because I haven't yet learned anything about how things like
> zope.component.getUtility() work.

I am also not able to find out the relevant code, as i am completely new to
the flow of how mailman works. Maybe, barry can help me on this one.

> The patch itself looks good except for style. We normally don't put
> whitespace around the = in keyword=value arguments in definitions and
> calls. PEP 8 <http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/> says "Don't
> use spaces around the '=' sign when used to indicate a keyword
> argument or a default parameter value."
>
> I will keep this in mind. I have created another branch with partial
changes suggested above. Here, you can find the changes,

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~syst3mw0rm/mailman/808821/revision/7080

--
Aamir Khan | 3rd Year  | Computer Science & Engineering | IIT Roorkee