[Mailman-Developers] Wiki woes

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Dec 13 21:44:34 CET 2012

On Thursday 13 December 2012 07:04:27 Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Paul Boddie writes:
>  > > (I love that you'll be able to author pages in reST. :)
>  >
>  > You lose some of the more interesting features doing that, though,
>  > I think.
>
> Like what?

I was thinking about macros, but you can apparently use them via a special
directive.

> And of course if you don't need those features you can use ReST,
> right?  That is, there's some way to specify markup language per page,
> no?

Yes, you can specify "#format rst" at the top of the page to set the default
syntax and also "#!rst" in a page region to set the syntax used within that
region:

http://moinmo.in/HelpOnParsers/ReStructuredText

> I'm personally about +5 on having a ReST option.  If available, I
> doubt I'd ever use anything else on a software project "dev and
> support" wiki.

Well, it would be interesting to know which Confluence features are actively
used so that we can focus on supporting their equivalents in Moin.

Paul