[Mailman-Developers] Wiki woes

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Wed Dec 12 04:05:46 CET 2012

On Dec 10, 2012, at 06:31 PM, Terri Oda wrote:

>I think the last time I tried to email them they told me I wasn't on the
>designated support list and I had to get you to send them the question,
>actually... but I vaguely recall that I might be on the list now.  But yeah,
>I'll see about asking them, I was just sort of hoping that I'd just missed it
>hidden in the options somewhere and someone here would be able to tell me
>where it was buried.

If you try to contact them and they bounce you, definitely let me know and
I'll make sure they know you should be On The List.

>That's not idea, but it's not a terrible idea given that I *think* we're
>going to want to start a new Mailman 3 FAQ and have some easy way for people
>to tell what version they're searching.

To be honest, Confluence doesn't really seem to support FAQs very well.  Does
Moin have nicer support for FAQs?

>Also, I have some thoughts on updating the website to correspond with the
>Mailman 3.0 release.  I believe last time we talked about this we suggested
>that website-by-committee wasn't going to go anywhere, but I'll organize my
>brain and maybe a few of us could chat about it when we meet up to hack on
>Saturday?

Definitely.

The website is a crufty pile of crap using long stagnant tools.  At the very
least, converting it to reST and the Sphinx toolchain should be fairly easy
and a huge win.

Cheers,
-Barry