[Mailman-Developers] Wiki woes

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 11 21:26:50 CET 2012

Terri Oda wrote:

>On 12/10/2012 12:37 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>
>> I suppose the other option is to just get a new moin site up and not worry
>> about migration, which is what I think has defeated all our previous
>> volunteers.  We'd have dual content for a while, maybe forever, and we'd have
>> to think about what to call the two hosts, but it's doable.  It might be
>> easier for volunteers to manually transfer information from one wiki to the
>> other than to automate that.  (Some content won't be transferable directly
>> anyway.)
>

>That's not idea, but it's not a terrible idea given that I *think* we're
>going to want to start a new Mailman 3 FAQ and have some easy way for
>people to tell what version they're searching.

I have a moin 1.9.5 installation running in production on my server. I
would be happy to set up a Mailman wiki and give people write access
to it.

Unfortunately, I have another commitment for much of Saturday, but I'll
try to be on #mailman in the morning and/or evening if people want to
talk about this.

I'm time challenged at the moment, but I might give a shot at migrating
some content. This might make a good PyCon sprint project too - I'll
be there.