[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2012] HyperKitty

Aamir Khan syst3m.w0rm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 07:08:42 CEST 2012

Hi!

We have reached the end of GSoC. I have pushed all the code to bzr repo.
There are tworepositories, one is django application [1] and other one is
django standalone project [2]. It's almost the same way postorius manages
it's code in two separate repositories.

I never worked with django before GSoC. It was one of the greatest learning
experience for me. I learnt a lot about Django. When GSoC started the code
of HyperKitty was very raw and many things were hard coded (urls) and there
was no clear code structure. During my GSoC project I have implemented
features in HyperKitty as well as tried to fix these problems. We now have
a clear code structure, app is separate from project, urls are not hard
coded, unit tests are there in place. Though, HyperKitty is a big project
and we are not close to any release candidate yet, there are essential
features missing from HyperKitty for example we have to connect it to MM3,
plug KittyStore to MM3, cleaner UI.

As always you can check the demo here [3]. (We are aware of the issue that
it throws 500 errors a lot of times :( )

I would like to thank pingou, toshio and the rest of Mailman community
for their
help. As my school year had started I won't be able to work full time on
this project but I will keep pushing changes to HyperKitty when I will have
free time.

[1]: bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/hyperkitty/hyperkitty
[2]: http://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/hyperkitty/hk-app
[3]: mm3test.fedoraproject.org

--
Aamir Khan | 3rd Year  | Computer Science & Engineering | IIT Roorkee