[Mailman-Developers] mailman / archive-ui / licensing questions

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Wed Apr 4 05:41:42 CEST 2012

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Bob Puff wrote:

> I think the majority of MM users will be simply using the RPM that comes with
> their distro, and there is a real benefit to stuff working right "out of the
> box".  This includes the Archiving functions.
>
> Its great to have options, and giving a list of possible alternatives for
> users is excellent, but I think releasing MM 3 without -any- archiver is a
> down-grade from the current MM 2.x.

In the Debian world we would do something like this:

Package: mailman3
Depends: mailman3-archiver-default | mailman3-archiver

Package: mailman3-archiver-default
Depends: mailman3-archiver-hyperkitty

Package: mailman3-archiver-hyperkitty
Provides: mailman3-archiver

Is something like that not possible in the RPM world?

I'm subscribed to the list, no need to CC me.

--
bye,
pabs

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/