[Mailman-Developers] mailman / archive-ui / licensing questions

Bob Puff bob at nleaudio.com
Wed Apr 4 05:21:14 CEST 2012

> I think it would be a mistake to bundle any archiver with mailman3.
> Listing the available archiver options and their features and
> shortcomings would be a better way to go.

-1

I think the majority of MM users will be simply using the RPM that comes with
their distro, and there is a real benefit to stuff working right "out of the
box".  This includes the Archiving functions.

Its great to have options, and giving a list of possible alternatives for
users is excellent, but I think releasing MM 3 without -any- archiver is a
down-grade from the current MM 2.x.

Bob