[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2012] Candidate on 'Integration of (existing) search code into Mailman archives'

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Tue Apr 3 00:46:31 CEST 2012

Hi George,

Your MailmanStats project looks great and would totally fit with what we
have in mind for stats, though I'm guessing the hyperkitty team has some
much more extensive work in mind making use of post ratings, tags, etc.

If you're putting together your proposal now, do feel free to mention
both projects as sources of interest.  Since you already have the stats
code available, it might be possible to toss the integration in there
after doing some other work.  Normally I worry about students biting off
more than they can chew, but given your prior experience with Mailman
and the fact that you already have the basic code, you can make a case
for being able to package up that code and contribute it in a week or
two our of your summer if you're ready for a code review.

  Terri

PS -  For further advice regarding search projects, see my previous post
to mailman-developers.